1. Delicious -- I had never heard of Delicious, and actually, never heard of social bookmarking. On my computer at home, I don't bookmark anything. If there is a website I like, I just remember it. So an online tool to keep track of all of my bookmarks isn't of much use to me. I can see its use, for people who have many bookmarks, and wish to use them on different computers. The ability to search for bookmarks, and see popular bookmarks could be of use if I was searching for something in particular, but it's not something I'd do in my spare time.
I think I'd have to change the way I use the internet in order to need Delicious. I'm glad I found out about it as I may discover a use for it the future.
2. Librarything -- I had heard of Librarything as a way to share the books you like with others. When I had a look at it, I found that it is where a whole community of book lovers can come together, discuss, recommend, and review books. I like the "Talk" section, where people discuss what they are reading. And I like the "Unsuggestions" telling me what books I won't like. This takes away the Amazoniness -- if you are buying this, then you'll also like to buy these things... I like this site, I can see myself using it in my free time, to find book suggestions and read reviews, and expand my online library (which only consists of 3 books at the moment).

No comments:
Post a Comment